In this episode, hosts Dan and Ian, together with SEO expert Travis Jamison, will talk about WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR SITE WAS SABOTAGED BY NEGATIVE AND SPAM SEOs.
This podcast episode is very helpful to those who are often experiencing sabotage on their sites. Travis will give us a few tips to get a way out of it!
Here’s what you’ll learn from this episode:
- COMPETITORS SENDING BAD LINKS TO DE-RANK A SITE
- RECEIVING THOUSANDS OF SPAM LINKS
- DISCOUNTING SPAM LINKS
- MASS QUANTITY SPAM LINKS RANKS ON TOP
- DEFINING SABOTAGED SEO- The case of Google bringing down your site
- TWO DIFFERENT PENALTIES: ALGORITHM VS. MANUAL
- DIS-EVALING BAD LINKS AT THE DOMAIN LEVEL INSTEAD OF THE INDIVIDUAL LINK LEVEL
- MANUALLY CONTACTING THE WEBSITES FOR ALL THE BAD LINKS DEPENDS ON THE AMOUNT OF SPAMS YOU RECEIVE
- FOLLOWING A RECONSIDERATION REQUEST WITH GOOGLE
WHAT AN SEO PRO WOULD DO?
1.Dis-eval the links anyway
2.Check your rankings and analytics first
- BUILDING CATA-LINKS
- PENGUIN PENALTIES – A PENALTY THAT ACCOUNTS TO ANCHOR TAX VARIATION
- THE BASIC TYPES OF GOOGLE POLICE
- ACCELERATING ARTIFICIAL LINK BUILDING
- VISUALLY FITTING IN THE ALGORITHM
- BEING PENALIZED WITH YOUR OWN BRAND NAME
- BUILDING A BRAND AS AN ULTIMATE SEO
- SEO AS THE BEST PLACE WHEN IT’S A SEARCH AND DESTROY TOOL
MY BIGGEST TAKEAWAY!
“From a short run, if somebody has sabotaged you, the key thing is: asking what you’re doing with your current customers.”
- SEO is a lead generation tool not a customer development tool.
“Focus on delighting the customers you do have, selling them more, increasing the lifetime value of the customers.”