After a week of gleaning through a week of podcast episodes, this was the best episode based on their takeaways.
The primary goal of PodcastTakeAways.com is to help those who listen to podcasts by providing information to help them cherry-pick the best episodes for their listening pleasure.
The Podcast Episode of the Week Winner is:
In this episode, Michael Stelzner had an interview with Kim Garst, CEO of Boom Social.
Kim discussed HOW TO INCREASE TRAFFIC IN TWITTER FOR BUSINESS to promote contents and offers.
Being part of a company and a blog site that specializes in Social Media Marketing, Kim explained the methods she uses to make a business grow using Twitter Marketing.
Here’s what you’ll learn from this episode:
- USING TWITTER FOR BUSINESS
- A GREAT SEARCH ENGINE: An “info super highway.”
- A NEWS CHANNEL: 85% of the people in Twitter says that News hits twitter before it reaches the traditional news media because real people posts in real time.
- BUILDING YOUR GROUND FOR NETWORKING USING TWITTER: The best responsive traffic source. A great way to pay attention to trending topics.
“Twitter moves so rapidly. People may not see the same things. A tweet has a lifetime of 30 seconds. Sharing free offers in Twitter 3-4 times a day is totally acceptable. You’re gonna get different eyeballs see your tweets in their news feed“ –Kim
- REWORDING TWEETS and SCHEDULING RE-TWEETS
- Switch the wordings of your tweets to know which gets the most response.
TIP: Use Hootsuite for scheduling re-tweets
- CREATING TRAFFIC USING FACEBOOK
- POSTING FREE OFFERS (2-3 times posted in Twitter)
- LEVERAGING FACEBOOK TRAFFIC in Twitter Page
- MANAGE MONITORING THE NUMBER OF OPT-INS
- DECIDING WHICH BLOG POSTS TO PROMOTE
- Evaluate the amount of your content.
- Don’t share the same concept day after day.
- Rotate articles only if you have a great number of them.
- TWITTER AS THE NUMBER 1 TRAFFIC SOURCE
- Increase your traffic by 100-400%
- KNOW WHO YOUR AUDIENCE IS AND FIND YOUR SWEET SPOT
- Know the value that the audience wants from you
- Your areas of expertise and what you’re sharing
“ Social media is not a one size gets all.”
“ What works for me might not be exactly the same system that you would want to use.”- Kim
- THE CONCEPT OF SHARING A CONCEPT
- MUST BE RELEVANT AND HOLDS VALUE
1) Come up with a list of solid article content.
2) Use Hash Tags for keywords linked to your blog and blog titles.
3) Post a lot depending on the number of your content; especially if people are routinely looking for you.
- THE IMPORTANCE OF CONSISTENCY IN SOCIAL MEDIA
- The most common mistake of users of social media is being inactive.
- Be active to remain on the platform.
“In social media, if you’re not consistent regardless of the platform, people are gonna find somebody else that is, somebody else to tune in to.”
- ENGAGE WITH PEOPLE IN THE SOCIAL MEDIA
- LISTEN to what they have to say
- Social Media is RELATIONSHIP AND COMMUNICATION with other people
- COME UP WITH A SYSTEM OF ENGAGING THAT WORKS FOR YOU wherever you are at in your area of expansion.
- THE IMPORTANCE OF PHOTOGRAPHS AND VISUALS TO HELP YOUR POST STAND OUT
- A lot of people consume information in a visual way
- A great avenue to show visual aspects of your business, products and content.
- HAVING A PROFESSIONAL PHOTO FOR PROFILE
- BE PROFESSIONAL, use your own pictures for your profile
- Do not use unprofessional photos e.g. cats, dogs, etc.
- A great way to SHOWCASE WHO YOU ARE!
- APPS RELATED TO TWITTER USED FOR MARKETING
- Hootsuite is the only management platform that incorporates all other social platform that includes Google Plus
****Week’s Social Media Question: HOW TO INCREASE BLOG SUBSCRIBERS???
Reasons for non-subscription:
a) They don’t realize they can
b) You are not asking them to
c) They’ve been programmed to receive email from you
d) They don’t like the content of your blog is producing
Tell them.. “This would be the last email you’ll send them and if they’d love not to miss out on your updated posts, they could sign up on your automated newsletter service.”
- E-mails make a huge difference! Have an automatic email sending button for subscribers
- Make sure have plenty of social share buttons
- Have a system in place, that gives them an option to subscribe
MY KIDS’ ADVENTURE
- A project that talks about starting a new company or launching a new product.
- A brand new blog started by Social Media Examiner targeting busy parents who want to have fun adventures with their pre-teen kids anywhere.
- THE IMPORTANCE OF A VISION STATEMENT WHEN STARTING ON SOMETHING RADICALLY DIFFERENT
- VISION STATEMENT is something that you and/or the people on your team can rally around.
- EXPLAIN THE ENTIRE GOAL
MY BIGGEST TAKEAWAY!
“In social media, if you’re not consistent regardless of the platform, people are gonna find somebody else that is -somebody else to tune in to.” – Kim
- “In today’s world, our audience has a voice and they’re using it.”
- “People are looking to connect with people.”
- VINE – A Twitter App to do a video
- Manage Flitter: A web based host a lot of targeting, keyword search, follow and keep track people (A one-stop-shop)
- My Kids Adventure -an online magazine designed to make it easy for busy parents to create adventures with their children anywhere—and it’s from the founders of Social Media Examiner.