After a week of gleaning from several podcast episodes, this was the best episode based on its takeaways.
The primary goal of PodcastTakeAways.com is to help listeners choose podcasts by providing information before they even listen to an episode. This will help them assess which one will provide them with maximized learning and enjoyment.
The Podcast Episode of the Week winner is:
Online Marketing Made Easy EP19 –How to Set Priorities in Business with Pat Flynn
Before anything else, this is one of the best and most helpful episodes I’ve heard!
Pat Flynn is the guest for this episode. Pat is a well known highly successful entrepreneur, podcaster, blogger, and author. He is best known for his transparent leadership style and smart business strategies.
You can find his blog and podcast at SmartPassiveIncome.com Amy invited Pat Flynn in the show to talk about Business Priorities, Goal Settings and Figuring out Where To Spend Your Time. This is a sure win episode for entrepreneurs and for those who wants a clearer direction towards success.
Here’s what you’ll learn from this episode:
- Pat talked about his face book post about FinCon13
- Pat’s experience in his public speaking at FinCon
- Focusing on one thing at a time
- Why you prioritize your priorities
- Knowing where to focus
- Saying “NO” now
- How Pat kept his focus in achieving his goal despite the inevitable distractions
- Communicating to the people around you that you need time to focus
- Doing things NOW “The more I wait, the harder its gonna be.”
- Write a breakdown of your goals –rank your priorities!
“If you don’t know what your goals are, how do you know where to go”
- Scheduling and documenting your goals
- Why some goals takes longer than it should be accomplished
- Factors that hold people back in achieving their goals in time
- Using physical folders for high priority goals
- The “Just in Time Learning” - Understanding your next task
- Building better ideas by writing them first
- Becoming part of Master Mind groups
- The importance of discovering the “WHY” in everything you do
MY BIGGEST TAKEAWAY!
You can have a lot of different goals. It can overlap a little bit. But you need to have one specific goal that you’re focusing on at that very moment.
- Long term success is rooted in right mindsets.
- Bring your product out even when it’s not yet perfect, then let to your audience perfect it.
- Ask yourself: what makes you happy?