In this episode, Jared Easley, host of Starve the Doubts invites Late Night Marketing Podcast host Mark Mason in the show. Mark talks about how he balances his career with his day job as the director of Design Data Integration at Texas instruments while remaining successful with his other businesses.
The episode moves as Mark discusses how to get started with Internet marketing by building it one night at a time.
Here’s what you’ll learn from this episode:
- Helping people versus Internet Marketing
- The challenge of making podcasting as a two-way medium
- Making profits out of Internet Marketing
- What inspired Mark Mason in starting Late Night Marketing Show
- Know what compelled Mark to start his own podcasting show
- Preventing poor performance through serious planning and preparation
- Setting up a particular workflow in podcasting
- Balance your priorities!
- Family first
- Second, protecting the day job
- Third is Internet Marketing Podcast
“The day job should come first and it should not be considered as an enemy of your dream but an enabler.”
- Maximize every moment
1) Be present wherever you are
2) Have good communication with the people involved in your responsibilities (family, business partners, friends, etc.)
- Mark’s encouragement for people who have day jobs and are still interested in having other business
- Identifying an economic model within the structure of your passion
- Establishing a business platform
- Gaining credibility and adding value in the role you have in your business
- Two main thing you need to know about SEO:
1) On page
2) Off Page
- Tweeting or texting?
MY BIGGEST TAKEAWAY!
“Decide on what you’re going to do today and do that one thing again tomorrow”
- “You can get anything you want by helping other people get what they want.”
- “Engage your audience and be genuine about it.” – Cliff Ravenscraft
- “If I’m going to do something I am interested in, then I would do it in a way that would give me a plan B.”
- “The better your preparation, the better your execution.”
- Johnny Football – an American football quarterback
- Eric Clapton “Unplugged”
- Pat Flynn, Founding Member of Business Academy Cliff Ravenscraft
- Podcast Coach - Jeremy Frandsen & Jason Van Orden
- Book: “Quitter: Closing the Gap Between Your Day Job & Your Dream Job“ by Jon Acuff