In this episode, Derek invited Mike Del Ponte to share the secrets on how he was able to raise $147,000 on Kick Starters. Mike is the co-founder of Soma at drinksoma.com; Former head of marketing in Branchout –a company that he helped grow 0-25 million users in 16 months; and the founder of Spark Seed.
The episode moved as Mike and Derek talked about the Four Piece of Selling Framework, the Three Laws of Marketing, the Power of Story Telling and much more!
Here’s what you’ll learn from this episode:
- Mike’s story of raising over a hundred thousand dollars in 9 days
- The history behind the birth of Soma Water Filter
- Building innovative products
- The motivation behind the launching of Social Triggers Insider Podcast
- The Four Piece of Selling –comes from the idea of writing a sales letter
- Soma Water Filter’s four piece of selling
- The Three Laws of Marketing
1.People love to buy but they hate to be sold
2.People buy for emotional decisions not rational decisions
3.People use reasoning to rationalize their emotional decisions
- Designing a product that sells itself
MY BIGGEST TAKEAWAY!
“Things that look different are different… It’s better to be first than better.”
- Stop complaining and do something about it.
- Start working immediately with the pain points you see.
- Tim Ferriss’ Blog
- Hacking Kickstarter by Tim Ferriss
- Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz
- Podcast: Social Triggers Insider Podcast EP14