After a week of gleaning through podcast episodes, this is the best episode based on its takeaways.
The primary goal of PodcastTakeAways.com is to help listeners choose podcasts by providing information before they even listen to an episode. This will help them assess which one will provide them maximized learning and enjoyment.
The Podcast Episode of the Week winner is:
Lifestyle Business Podcast EP138: How the Pros Generate Winning Business
In the beginning of the episode, Dan and Ian talk about different sorts of health maintenance they’ve learned, as well as the quality of services offered from the different places they’ve traveled to.
Aside from this, Dan and Ian also answered a few questions from listeners that will tell us how the pros generate a winning business!
Here’s what you’ll learn from this episode:
1. Bryan: “If I were to get started learning online advertising, what are the best books, websites, or any resources to get started with?”
- LEARN FROM BOOKS THAT TALKS ABOUT PAID ADVERTISING
- RUN SOMEONE’S CAMPAIGN FOR FREE
- START BEING AN APPRENTICE!
- Start with experience
- Intellectualizing should be the spice and seasoning on top of experience
2. Eugene: “On your own 1,000 day journey, what was your personal lowest point from a business point of view?”
- In 2009, Ian found a way to replace his income but worked twice as hard as he did before
- Things didn’t turn around until Dan and Ian started to hire people!
3. “What was your biggest issue in launching a new product?”
- GETTING PEOPLE’S ATTENTION AND MARKETING YOUR PRODUCT
- BUILDING AN AUDIENCE THAT CARE ABOUT YOUR PRODUCT
- GETTING OFF THE BAD PRODUCT
- It’s no longer hard to create a product because the tools are readily available
- The hard part is convincing your audience to trust what you’re offering them
4. Elena: “Is it a cool thing that people will monetize your blog? Do you personally find it ethical?”
“The courses serve the owner of the courses more so than they serve the consumers of the courses.”- Dan
5. “When you write your book, is it gonna be a “10 juicy totally awesome steps to making moneYEY!” or are you doing it more to make an impact?”
- Dan Kennedy writes his book not to earn money but to earn the trust and attention of people about his ideas
“As an author, the biggest potential of books is to transmit important ideas to others.”
6. Nick: “When you stumbled on the key boxes, could you elaborate? I’d like to hear some of your idea generation techniques.”
- THE TWO DIFFERENT TYPES OF PEOPLE:
1. People that like to solve problems
2. People that are obsessed solving their own problems
-The distinction between people who make things happen and those who don’t
-The opportunity of building business living anywhere and not having a job
-The amateur thinking: “Always thinking about yourself first!”
MY BIGGEST TAKEAWAY!
Turning Pro is deciding you’re gonna have a long term approach in delivering value to others!
- Books are a great way to spread important ideas
- Reading a book and sitting on it for hours can bring great opportunities you wouldn’t get from a tweet or a blog post
- Seth Godin
- Dan Kennedy
- Books of Stephen Hawking
- Book: “Super System: A Course in Power Poker!” by Doyle Brunson