In this episode of Internet Business Mastery 195, James Clear talks about the answer to a very important question: “HOW TO STICK TO HABITS that leads to health and success and learning HOW TO APPLY the answer to some of the hardest areas of life like health and fitness?”
- REACHING SUCCESS IS CONSISTENTLY ACTING IN ACCORDANCE WITH THOSE GOALS THAT YOU’VE SET FOR YOURSELF.
Q: Why is it so hard to form right habits?
- FORMING HABITS IS EASY, THE HARD PART IS WORKING TO HAVE TO RIGHT ONE
- IT’S NOT HARD TO FORM HABITS -most of the time we are not aware we are already forming it.
- KNOW YOUR DRIVE AND MOTIVATION that will lead you to ACTIVELY THINK about your decisions.
Q: How to form the right habits?
- STRUCTURE THE RIGHT PATTERNS
First, Be aware of the habits you currently have, those that you’re naturally forming.
Second, Know the ones you want to form.
-FOLLOW A ROUTINE AND PATTERN - set a cycle that you have to go to through regularly.
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR STRUCTURED MODE don’t simply rely on motivations.
- CAUSE YOUR HABITS TO FORM a Momentum for you.
- “We are creatures of habits”
- “We form habits everyday”
Q: What are the tips you have in forming a habit that last?
- FIGURE OUT WHAT HABITUAL PATTERNS WORKS FOR YOU
- HAVE A KEYSTONE HABIT that starts to whole thing up
“What are these things that when I do I tend to have a good day”
- FOCUSING ON A HABIT TO CHANGE ONE DAY AT A TIME instead of changing a dozen at the same time
- IDENTITY BASED HABITS becoming the type of person that achieves the goal
- Not setting results ahead, but focuses on building the identity of the type of person who can achieve it.
“What type of identity (WHO type of person) would lead to the outcome”
- CHOOSE TO START EVEN WHEN YOU DON’T FEEL PREPARED AND QUALIFIED
- FOCUS ON WHAT CAN BE DONE RATHER THAN PROCRASTINATING
In this episode, a few questions from audiences were also discussed:
Ema Davis member of MasterMind group
- TALKING TO YOUR AUDIENCE AND FINDING OUT WHAT THEY WANT
- TEN THOUSAND HOURS OF PRACTICE TO BE AN EXPERT
We are judged on results not just in the hours we practice.
MY BIGGEST TAKEAWAY
“A lot of the times we put the results on the pedestal, when really we should be focusing on the schedule and building the identity of the type of person who could achieve those goals”
- Join Audible memberships through Iphones and Itunes
- Have Podcasts or books going when you’re not interacting with other people.
- THE POWER OF HABIT -Key Stones Habits