In his episode no. 017, David interviewed Joel Boggess, the founder of Finding Your Voice Radio, to talk about tips on how to build relationships with best-selling authors and A-listers.
In this particular episode, the following were discussed:
- Meeting people in different seasons of their life.
- The value of relationships and the opportunities they open.
- Connecting with important people through social media.
- Win-win situation in establishing relationships with other people.
- Using relationships not just for one’s benefit but to help other people as well.
Joel narrated how he went from being poor to a well-established author and inspirational entrepreneur. He had shared how a childhood accident became the turning point of his life and how he learned to find his own voice and help people find theirs in the long run.
The most important part of this podcast was the informational tip he gave about building relationships with established authors and other important figures (including celebrities). He said that if you want to build relationships with these people, you’ve got to learn to connect with them, in their blogs, twitter, and other forms of modern-day communication. Further, he emphasized the importance of establishing these relationships especially if you’re someone who is still making a name in the industry. However, he added that these relationships shouldn’t be something that would only benefit you; they should be also directed towards helping other people.
The good thing about this podcast is that it’s very straightforward. It lays down what you need to do in order to gain trust from these well-known people.
Some of the helpful tips presented in this podcast include the following:
- Connect with them (the A-listers) on twitter
- Get involved in communication (comment on their blogs, conversations, websites).
- “Don’t try to be interesting, get interested.”