In this episode, John Lee Dumas, host of Entrepreneur on Fire podcast, invites Betsy and Warren Talbot, authors of the book Dream Save Do: An Action Plan for Dreamers and founders of MarriedwithLuggage.com.
Couple Betsy and Warren help people create the lives that they crave for. After 20 years of playing by the rules, they decided to step out from the conventional rules, start examining the things in their life that makes them unhappy, and make the most they can in achieving their biggest dreams together.
The episode moves as Betsy and Warren share their secret: make your way in achieving your dreams in life is by choosing to make things work!
Here’s what you’ll learn from this episode:
- Knowing the most important thing in your life today
- What would you do differently today when you know you won’t make it in your 40′s?
- The big changes Betsy and Warren made in their lives and their careers
- The difference between knowing the path and walking the path
- Action creates big changes in life—it reinvents and grafts your passion!
- Getting inspiration from different places “You can always find an inspiration all around you”
- How failure is essential to success “If you’re not failing, you will not succeed. You learn a lot from failure and you perfect your success through failure.”
- Figuring out your niche in the business
- Understanding the value of virtual assistance services
- The light bulb moment that turns into a success!
- A lesson about taking action and moving forward: “We don’t have to limit ourselves in our thinking.”
- Know the question that every entrepreneur examines but interprets differently
- The “I’ve made it moment” for business owners and entrepreneurs
- The importance of complementary skills set and perspectives in business relationships
- The making of Betsy and Warren’s new book “The 24/7 Relationship”
- Fighting on board and fighting fast together
- How to monetize your passion?
- Know what holds back an entrepreneur in moving into his goals
- Prioritizing personal relationships before the business
- The best advice received: “Fail fast, we can’t make a perfect product.”
MY BIGGEST TAKEAWAY!
“If you have a dream, you have to stop sitting on it. It’s time to take action. It’s time to go for it because life is short; you gotta take that step!” – Betsy
“Go after your dream! …You need to go for the life you create.” – Warren
- “The path of the entrepreneur is lonely and scary.”
- “Keep that ball of motivation rolling!”
- GotoMeeting.com - An online site that manages your unlimited online meetings
- LegalZoom.com - An online legal document preparation services
- Books by Betsy and Warren Talbot: “Dream Save Do”; “The 24/7 Relationship”
- Book: “Wild” by Cheryl Strayed
- Entrepreneur on Fire Episode: 249
- MarriedwithLuggage.com – Know more from Betsy and Warren by going to their site
- Get your free Entrepreneur on Fire Audiobooks
- FireNation.com – Get free podcast workshops every week!