THE DISCUSSION CONTENT:
“Communication even if there’s conflict involved is the lifeblood of an organization”
- Dave Ramsey’s Lesson in Communication “If there is a problem, ASK! No one gets killed in asking… You can always ask if you want to know.”
- Do not HARM. Do not embarrass people in meetings in front of people.
- THE GREATEST PROBLEM IN COMMUNICATION is the illusion that it has actually been accomplished
- MAKE YOUR TEAM FEEL CONFIDENT by addressing the good and bad things.
- It allows them to stay focused!
- Be open and honest to them – Communicate the good and not so good things.
- Take the time to talk to them, head on, treat them as an adult!
- Let them know -the hard things, your expectations, what it is that they have to do for the organization/business to move forward.
- BE AWARE OF WHAT EXACTLY IS GOING ON
- AS A LEADER, HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR TEAM
- LET THEM KNOW YOUR PLAN. KEEP THEM UP TO DATE!
Author of “One Question” Ken Coleman Illustrations:
THE POWER OF A GREAT QUESTION
“Good questions inform, great questions transform!”
1st Goal asking a great question
- UNLOCKS LIFE’S BIG ANSWERS that Changes the way you believe and think.
- The change in our thinking, Changes the way we Act
2nd Goal answering curiosity- To inform
- As a leader, LEARNING TO ASK MORE RIGHT QUESTIONS WHEN COMMUNICATING TO THE TEAM
- THE POWER OF ASKING WHY?
- LEADERS ASKING THEMSELVES THE PIERCING PENETRATING QUESTION
- ASKING THE CORE TEAM -make sure you have a great feedback
- NOT BEING THREATENED OF THE PEOPLE WE LEAD -creating a habit of inquiry
- ASK THE WHAT IS, WHAT IF, WHY NOT QUESTIONS
- CONTINUOUSLY CASTING CLEAR VISIONS. –Is it on MISSION? Is it on PURPOSE?
- TOUGH QUESTIONS GIVES HARD ANSWERED -Makes you stronger!
- POTENTIAL COSTS OF NOT ASKING QUESTIONS TO YOUR TEAM
- A GOOD TEAMMATE EMPLOYEE ACTING LIKE A “KNOW IT ALL”
- GETTING YOUR ANTENNA UP AND LISTENING TO THE BODY
- THE IMPORTANCE OF LISTENING AS A LEADER
3 Things a great Question can do:
- REVEALS - What do you need to know?
- THE DRIVE TO UNDERSTAND PEOPLE BETTER
- LEARNING FROM SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE
- THE IMPORTANCE OF PROBING VS. PROVING -Gaining understanding first!
“When you PROBE, YOU LEARN!”
- THE TRAITS OF SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE
- Not just satisfied but FULFILLED!
- Have the EAGERNESS TO CONTINUE LEARNING, GROWING AND CONTRIBUTING
- Filled with CURIOSITY OF HOW TO GET BETTER. Knowing how to fill the space.
- KNOW YOUR PASSION AND WHY YOUR COMPANY EXISTS
- THE RIGHT TIME IS WHEN YOU ARE STEPPING IN THE RIGHT PLACE– YOUR SWEET SPOT
SWEET SPOT - The intersection of your greatest strength and your greatest passion.
Find it, Step in it, and Stay there!
“Great leaders hire people whose in their sweet spot!”
“Find the way to do what you love with what you’re really good at.”
- THE TENSION BETWEEN PATIENCE AND PERSEVERANCE
- KEEPING AN EYE ON THE NOW
- LEARNING TO CHANNEL CRITICISM -Filter, Apply and Commit!
- STEPPING INTO THE UNKNOWN
- THE IDEA OF SOAKING IN THE MOMENT
- GIVING COMPASSIONATELY THE GIFTS YOU HAVE MORE THAN JUST STAYING IN THE SWEET SPOT
MY BIGGEST TAKEAWAY
Choosing to have more clarity in asking hard questions than staying in the comfort of not asking will make you stronger and better. You can be a better person by asking people around you areas you have to change and improve.
“Don’t keep them in the dark. Talk to them, not at them.”
“If you’re not asking questions, you’re gonna get blind sighted!”
“Every Leader has a potential to problems.”
“Questions are the keys that unlock life’s biggest answers”
“You can’t change the way how somebody acts unless you are able to change their belief system.”
“You are who you are in the next 10 years by the books you read.”
“Our eyes are the window of our lives. Every once in awhile we have to scrub those windows to let the light in.”
“There should be a common ground for a team who wants to reach success.”
“WITHOUT FINDING THE RIGHT PLACE, YOU CAN NEVER BE IN THE RIGHT TIME”
- EntreLeadership Podcast
- Twitter: @entreleadership
- Book: “One Question” by Ken Coleman
Book: “One Question” by Ken Coleman