After a week of gleaning from several podcast episodes, this was the best episode based on its takeaways.
The primary goal of PodcastTakeAways.com is to help listeners choose podcasts by providing information before they even listen to an episode. This will help them assess which one will provide them with maximized learning and enjoyment.
The Podcast Episode of the Week winner is:
Design Draw Speak EP3: The Meaning of Your Message and Its Effect
Steve is a communications expert. He is the director of studies at the Academy of Hypnotic Science in Melbourne. He also helps students become better communicators. Steve says that communications and presentations are skills that can be learned.
The episode moved as Steve talked about how important your message is, its meaning to your listeners, and its impact on them.
Here’s what you’ll learn from this episode:
Story of the week: Tom’s story – the ex-interior design student
Challenge of the week: How to make people like you more?
- Steve talked about his story on how he became a hypno-therapist.
- Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Steve defines what a hypno-therapist does.
- Focus as key to increase awareness
- How the subconscious mind work with our attention
- Replacing old mindsets with positive mindsets
- Getting aware with our unnoticeable negative self-talks
- Theory of the Tragedy of Human Conditions – we compare our insides with other people’s outside
- The two most important thing in communication
1. Educate each other all the time.
2.The meaning of the message is the effect that it has.
- The two things about writing
1. Include what’s necessary.
2. Leave everything else out.
- The reason behind misunderstandings
- Taking responsibility in the quality of our own education
- Investing in preparation and rehearsal
- Presenting to people who aren’t initially knowledgeable of your topic - like talking to grandma!
- The value of clarity in communication
- Steve explains “Rapport” and its importance
- Empathy and sociability
- The significance of body language in communication
- Miring and matching gestures
- Top three biggest mistakes in presentations
1. Reading from notes – looking down rather than speaking
2. Not smiling – “When you smile, the whole world smiles with you”
3. Improper posture – shows that you’re uncomfortable
- The benefits of having a positive body language
MY BIGGEST TAKEAWAY!
“The meaning of your message is the effect that is has.”
- Two heads are better than one.
- Podcast: Design Draw Speak EP3: The Message and Its Effect
- Connect with Steve at: Academy of Hypnotic Science